Using a holistic approach to treatment. The appearance of scars can improve, scar pain can be reduced, and overall chronic pain from the scar can be treated.
Got painful scars or looking to lessen their appearance?
Scar treatment might be right for you.
Scars are often a permanent reminder of surgery, trauma, a burn, or wound that has not healed properly leaving dense fibrous tissues on the skin. Scars can be skin color, red, purple, or even pearly white and can lead to pain. Scars are formed when the wound healing process is disrupted by factors such as too much or too little collagen production.
In a Chinese Medicine view of scars, they are a disruption in the normal flow of energy. This disruption can lead to local inflammation and pain as well as distal, downstream, issues.
The establishment of proper flow thru the scar can lead to healing, pain reduction, and overall well-being.
Neural therapy in addition to biopuncture (injections in acupuncture points) involves the use of Procaine in and around scars to promote healing and reestablish cell signaling in the scar and increase functioning of the tissues. It is taught that trauma can affect scars and nerves and with scar neural treatments, it can lead to instant and lasting resolution of chronic pain.
Who can benefit?
- Pain at or around the scar
- C-section scars
- Scars along IT bands affecting hip or knee movement and pain
- Scars leading to referred pain or numbness and tingling
- Aesthetic appearance of scars
Scar Treatments Include:
- Initial consult and exam
- A combined acupuncture-neural therapy approach using Procaine in and around the scar site and along acupuncture points for enhanced healing.
- Cupping therapy may also be used to break up fascia and tight muscles around the scar
- Results seen after initial treatment and 6 sessions is recommended for pain reduction and improved appearance of the scar. More complex scars may require more sessions.
Scar treatments are typically 15-30 minutes. The initial session will be 45 minutes. This services is not covered by insurance and treatment packages are available.
To schedule your scar treatment therapy, please call the office at (425) 686-4498 or schedule online at Starting Point Acupuncture.