If you have any questions about our policies or information asked on the forms, please don’t hesitate to contact us at: (425) 686-4498
*In Washington State: You do NOT need a referral for acupuncture or naturopathic services* Just schedule an appointment and come right in!
1. Schedule Your Appointment:
To schedule your initial appointment please, call the office at (425) 686-4498
2. Insurance Verification:
Before your visit, please verify your insurance coverage (health insurance and auto/PIP insurance) with our Benefits Specialist Debra at (206) 434-6317
(updated Jan 2018). Dr. Heintze is “In-network | Preferred Provider” with: Regence, Premera, Lifewise, First Choice, Aetna, PIP, and Group Health PPO. All other plans are considered “out-of-network.” We can bill in and out of network and most plans have similar in and out of network coverage.
3. New Patient Paperwork:
Starting Point is now 100% electronic and use a secure patient portal for completing New Patient forms.
After you are scheduled for your appointment, you will receive a second email from CHARM EHR, our patient portal.
Create a log-in and password for the portal. Once logged in you will have access to complete the New Patient Questionnaires. The forms can be electronically signed and take about 20-30 minutes to complete. Please complete 24 hours before your appointment. If you are not able to complete the forms or don’t have internet access, please let your reception team know and we can assist you but plan to arrive 30 minutes prior to your appointment to complete forms in our office’s iPad Kiosk. Our office policy states that if you have not completed the paperwork prior to your appointment and do not arrive at least 30 minutes early to your appointment, your initial appointment maybe rescheduled.
What to bring to your first appointment:
- wear loose fitting clothing (some acupuncture points are around the elbows and knees)
- copies of any recent labs
- list of current supplements or bring the bottles with you
What will happen during the first appointment?
- Appointment length: 60 minutes
- First 20-30 minutes spent going over concerns and health history
- Based on concerns some physical exam maybe done
- First Acupuncture treatment (note: follow-up visits are treatment focused, less intake)
- 10 minutes at the end are saved to discuss treatment plan and recommendations