Not sure if you have naturopathic or acupuncture insurance coverage, please call our Benefits Specialist at (206) 434-6317.
Dr. Heintze is “in-network” | Preferred Provider with the following plans:
- PIP (Auto Injury) Insurance
- First Choice
- Kaiser (PPO plans)
All other plans are considered Out-of-Network. We can bill in and out of network but require time of service payment for plans that are out-of-network. ***As of January 2019, Dr. Heintze is out-of-network with Humana and Ambetter plans.
If you have questions about your acupuncture insurance coverage, please contact our Benefits Specialist Debra at Puget Sound Medical Billing at (206) 434-6317. She will answer your insurance questions and clarify your insurance benefits.
Services & Fees
- All fees based on the length and complexity of the visit. Fees are listed in a range as they reflect billed rates. Fees do not include additional procedures, pain relief injections, lab tests, or supplements.
- Dr. Heintze does combined naturopathic and acupuncture visits. We are a conjunctive care clinic and work with you and your primary care.
- Your initial visit will be a consult with the doctor. This will take 15-20 minutes. At this point we will determine if we are a good fit for your care and create an individualized treatment plan for you. In most cases we will be able to get you in for a treatment following your consult. We specialize in pain management and may recommend acupuncture, pain relief injections, cupping, or vitamin shots to assist you to achieve optimal wellness.
- We require a $49 reservation fee for the consult. If you establish care, we can bill the office visit portion and treatment to your insurance if you have coverage.
- Plan to arrive 5-10 minutes early. We run on time, being late will cut your valuable treatment time short, we want you to get maximum benefit from each visit!
Natural Medicine Consults
Scar treatments: to reduce appearance of scars or to reduce pain caused by scars
Cupping therapy for muscle tension
Non-Sufficient Funds Fee:
Returned Check Fee (NSF): $35
Cancellation Policy: (updated, 2019)
A credit card will be required when booking your appointment, if your appointment is canceled within 24 hours before your scheduled appointment, or you do not show up for an appointment, your credit card will be charged a No Show/Cancellation Fee: $75
Payment, co-pays, and deductible is due at time of service. Non covered services, supplements, and food allergy tests fees are due at time of service. We accept cash, HSA cards, and credit cards.
Automobile Accident Injury and PIP Claims:
Starting Point Acupuncture and Wellness does accept motor vehicle accident claims. Please notify your auto insurance carrier of your visit to our office immediately. Notify our office immediately if an attorney is representing you. We will bill your auto insurance for you.