Hemorrhoids may be caused by a few different factors. The most common cause of hemorrhoids is repeated straining while having a bowel movement.
Hemorrhoids Definition:Hemorrhoids are defined as swollen veins at or around the rectum, they may external or internal.
Causes that increase the chance of developing hemorrhoids include:
- Straining during bowel movements
- Sitting for long periods of time on the toilet
- Chronic diarrhea or constipation
- Anal intercourse
- Low-fiber diet
Symptoms of hemorrhoids include:
- pain with bowel movement
- Painless bleeding during bowel movements
- Increase itching or irritation around anal region
- Swelling or lump around your anus
- fecal incontinence
Acupuncture can be effective in the treatment of hemorrhoids by reducing heat and inflammation associated with the discomfort of hemorrhoids as well as preventing hemorrhoids.